LINUX Administrator • Full Stack LAMP Developer • Database Designer & Administrator
Software and Database Designer, Developer, and Administrator with over 20+ years of experience across a variety of platforms and systems. Installing and administrating
LINUX servers for multiple purposes both large and small scale. Using both waterfall and agile development cycles, along with implementing version control
methodologies and systems. Committed to a strong work ethic and discipline while working remotely or over 25 years. Strives to constantly expand knowledge
base and keeping informed of new trends and technologies.
- Designed & developed a commercial website for working with family photos and history.
- Developed a website for the California Secretary of State for users to access state level campaign finance records.
- Created a variety of large scale in-house custom data management tools for multiple users saving researchers and technical staff many hours of labor.
- Designed, developed and administered many large relational database systems for a variety of purposes storing millions of records.
- Built an extensive REST API management tool with both XML and JSON methods available, along with detailed user control and bandwidth limitations.
"It would not be possible for me to overstate both Project Vote Smart's dependence on, or admiration and respect for Mr. Krejci's abilities. Mr. Krejci comes to you with my highest recommendation."
-- Richard Kimball, President, Project Vote Smart (2000)
"Appreciate your passion for always finding the best solution for technical issues that arise and your ability to juggle multiple tasks."
-- Leon Smith, Technical Director, MapLight (2017)
SOCi, San Diego, CA - 8/2018 - current - Software Engineer
Works on backend systems and infrastructures on a LAMP stack.
MapLight, Berkeley, CA - 5/2011 - 6/2018 - Systems and Database Administrator, Developer
Sets up and maintains servers and services. Design, develop and maintain databases, applications, and internal process scripts.
Designed, developed and implemented an in-house system for researchers to work with various databases and to manage many internal reports and scheduling of the data processing saving hours of technical team development and creating the ability to generate just in time delivery of reports for the research department.
Built an in-house system to help keep the software development flow in order and easier for various developers to manage their changes saving many hours of developer time and allowing for less queuing and wait time for code pushes.
Analyzed a variety of large data sets and designed large, relational databases to easily manage, access and develop from data sets containing millions of records.
Collaborated to create both user and technical specifications for technical projects within the organization.
Worked in all areas of the technical department from user support to full stack development.
National Institute on Money in State Politics, Helena, MT - 12/2000 - 4/2011 - IT Director, Developer
Developed and maintained all data applications in the organization. Developed and managed external website along with a suite of in-house tools for researchers to manage a large dataset of campaign finance data from all 50 states.
Analyzed campaign finance data from dozens of different sources and created a large MySQL relational database to manage tens of millions of records with millions of new records added each year and thousands of daily changes.
Developed an in-house web based system for researchers to group and edit this large database from a variety of different computers as both PCs and Macs were used by office personnel increasing greatly increasing their efficiency and "turn around" times.
Developed the dynamic side of their website with PHP and SQL queries from a set of static html and css files which had been designed by an outside firm.
Designed and developed a series of public REST API methods with a variety of security controls and limitations and internal user administration system.
Project Vote Smart, Corvallis, OR; Boston, MA; Philpsburg, MT - 2/1992 - 11/2000 - IT Director, Developer
Developed the company's first in-house program enabling phone operators to look up data and grew it into a full-featured website with a large data management system.
Designed and developed an internal data management tool that allowed dozens of volunteers to maintain an extensive database on thousands of politicians in all 50 states, making this information available to voters.
Drove the organization's move to an online presence and continued that growth through rapidly changing technologies.
Developed a full membership and donation tracking system for their nearly 50,000 members.
Served on the board as a member of the Executive Committee from March 2000 until December 2006.
Linn Benton Community College - 1985/86: Computer and business classes.
- Ability and experience to develop projects in a large variety of programming languages and platforms.
- Mobile application experience and responsive design development using CSS3 and also using Bootstrap 3 and 4 within a programming framework.
- Large and small database experience in MySQL and other relational databases and in nosql databases.
- Extensive web development while adapting to a great many changes in the technologies.
- Cloud based services.
- LINUX server installation and administration.
- Full cycle development experience and management.
- REST API developer, both XML and JSON.
- Ability to quickly grasp the needs of a problem and develop a workable solution.
- Developed and marketed several commercial programs and websites.